Sunday, June 11, 2006

FatGuyGetsFit - 12 Week Fitness Challenge Signup




MP3 File

Starting June 11th, 2006, we'll begin a 12 Week Fitness Challenge. Join up! Take the challenge. I'll list out how the challenge goes, and then elaborate. If there are questions, email me.

  • Pick 5 things you want to improve with regards to your fitness, nutrition, or self-esteem, and list them out.

  • Measure their current state.

  • Keep track of the five things over the next 12 weeks (Ending Sunday, August 13th).

  • At the end, measure how much of a change you made in all 5 areas.

  • The person who has the most change in the most areas wins (we'll probably have more than one prize, mind you).


Now, what are some sample "5 Things" options?

  • Weight by pounds.
  • Number of Veggie portions consumed in a day.
  • Amount of water consumed in a day.
  • Pants waist size.
  • Number of pushups and situps you can do in a row.
  • Miles run.
  • Miles walked / Minutes walked.
  • Times you say something bad about yourself in a day.
  • Number of self-esteem books read and practiced.
  • Number of minutes/hours exercising in a given day.


And the list goes on. See? It's about YOU. It's about what you're facing. And the beauty is, you can be a brand new, off-the-coucher and you might win against a really fit marathon runner, if you make the most progress in your areas.

That's the game. Progress. And personal progress at that. It's all about you, your goals, your personal progress. And that's why we can be in the same challenge even though we're all at different fitness levels.

To join up, just send me email to chris at fatguygetsfit |dot| com , and tell me your name/email, your 5 items and how you'll measure them, and whether or not I can put your name and items on the site for others to be inspired by. The challenge begins officially on Tuesday, but you can start today. I'll need your 5 items in the next few days, if you want to be up for winning a prize.

And if you don't want to join in the challenge, Fat Guy Gets Fit will still be covering the same topics we discuss every week. Only, we'll be adding information on the challenge, and maybe some progress reports to go along with it.

Are you in? Join up!




Chris Brogan - Fat Guy Gets Fit - Fat Guy Gets Fit


Chris Brogan - Fat Guy Gets Fit - Fat Guy Gets Fit Subscribe via iTunes. Click this button.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dalando said...

Chris, Where do I actually go to 'sign-up'?

1:36 PM  
Anonymous G.T. Miller said...

I finished 6 weeks of "the Abs Diet" last weekend, complete with the workout. I found that the weightlifting was really beneficial AND I've grown to enjoy it immensely. I didn't much care for the audio commentary of the workout, but by now I know the exercises and can substitute my own music.

However, I did find that in the week AFTER I'd made my goal of 6 weeks, some of the old eating habits started creeping back--some ice cream here, a piece of pizza there--and last weekend, for the first time in 7 weeks, I actually missed a workout. I'm back on track now, but it worries me that the bad habits come back so easily.

I'm on board for this 12 week stint, but I'm not sure what to use for my goals. That'll take some work to figure out. But thanks for the idea.

6:51 AM  
Blogger Chef Joe said...

Hi my name is Joe, and I have a personal chef business in San Diego Ca, and have accepted Chris's 12 week challenge on fatguygetsfit.com. I am keeping a blog at my main web site. I would love to hear others cooking ides for healther meals, and I will include tips as I go along.
Thanks,

Joe

http://personalchefjoe.com/blog

2:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home