Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Fat Guy Gets Fit- Ep 14- Potpourri

Remember Jeopardy? They had that Potpourri category that sorta felt like, "Wow, Alex was out all night drinking, and these are his leftovers." I wasn't out drinking. I was editing video. It was close.

I prattle on about different things I read in Men's Health Magazine, including why it's important to wear the right shoes for lifting weights, ways to improve your bench press using stretch bands from elitefts.com. I talk about the fact that the average American consumes an extra 74 POUNDS of sugar every year. (oi!)

Then, I turn it over to Kevin Kennedy-Spaien, the new executive producer of the Health Hacks Podcast (launching officially in 2 weeks), who talks about working out while working at your desk. It's gotta be heard to be believed. Kevin runs Health Hack.com, a great blog about fitness. He mentions a specific Squidoo lens for you to check out, as well as a link to Deskercize, and More on Deskercize.

Next up is Jimmy Moore, He gives an introduction to who he is and why you should care. Jimmy Moore's website is Livin' La Vida Lo Carb.com (NOT "LIVING" but "LIVIN") He is the author of Livin' La Vida Low-Carb, available at Amazon.com

Reinhard Engels gives us a look into where he came from and where he's going next. His website is Everyday Systems .com.

Lastly, John from Minnesota gives me a great audio clip to play, showing his status in the 12 week fitness challenge.

I announce in this podcast that we're 2 weeks away from merging in with the new Health Hacks Podcast, which will be available shortly from HealthHacksPodcast.com. Don't worry. Same silly Fat Guy Gets Fit, but in a different format, with all kinds of other interesting people to learn from.

Send feedback to chris at fatguygetsfit dot com, or call my comment line at : 206-666-3729 (outside the us, add +1).

Thanks!


MP3 File
Chris Brogan - Fat Guy Gets Fit - Fat Guy Gets Fit Subscribe via iTunes. Click this button.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Reinhard Engels' contribution was excellent. I'm itching to hear a follow-up.

2:29 AM  
Anonymous Aidan said...

You did a really good job on your website, Chris. I heard you say my Mom's name!

6:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only one small correction, coming from a Jew Who Knows. Oy is spelled with a "y".

Otherwyse, great work!

5:10 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Ah, but punkrock bands say Oi. It's some kind of UK punk thing.

But I appreciate either culture. : )

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home